Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Recipe


My neighbor, Sandi gave me this recipe for brownies and they are the best brownies I have ever had! I was sending a copy to my sister Erin and thought I would share it with everyone else too. They are really delicious!

SCRUMPTIOUS BROWNIES

1 pkg(8 squares) Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate
1 cup (2 sticks)butter or margarine
5 eggs
3 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
2 cups coursely chopped walnuts

Melt chocolate and butter in saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly. Cool slightly.

Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in large mixing bowl on high speed for 10 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture on low speed. Add flour, beating just to blend. Stir in nuts. Spread in greased 13x9in. pan.

(Sprinkle sugar and nuts on top) Bake 350 degrees for 35-40 mins or until cake tester inserted comes out almost clean.(do not overbake). Cool in pan then cut in squares.

Makes 32 brownies

Sandi also gave me a variation: swirl in 1 cup chunky peanut butter right before baking.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

BREE

Katie said...

all i have to say is
where's da beef?

YOU DO REALIZE THESE FOOD POSTS ARE DANGEROUS. GOD HELP YOU IF I HAVE TO LOOK AT THESE BROWNIES FOR DAYS, JUST LIKE BEEF STROGANOFF.
but i have to admit, these brownies are DANG good. Thanks Sandy, you make me rosy!
and by the way, you are way too slap happy with the pictures now.

Mary S. said...

RC, that was way too gross!

Anonymous said...

How dare you post a pic of these delightful little chocolaty treats?!
What's a PMS'ing woman to do???

Lisa said...

I can't wait to try this recipe!!!

Kris said...

I can't wait to eat brownies. looks great.

Jackie said...

Sandi makes some good baked good so these must be great. And how can you go wrong with 5 eggs! Mary you can get Erin and Brooke to do all of the mixing for you!

Anonymous said...

Ya killin' me!
Ya killin' me!

C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-Y goodness!

Katie said...

SANDY IS THE ONLY REASON I HAVE FOR LIVING...
SHE IS A DEITY.
Please Sandy, save some Scrump for the Scrumptious Brownies (plus add some p.b. and chunky's back in town)!

Anonymous said...

These are better than hugs and kisses!

Anonymous said...

Still killin' me...

New post por favor.

Melissa said...

MmMmMmM Brownies. . Those look Beautiful :p

Kileen said...

Mary Kate made these today and they are delish!!!! Thank you for posting them Auntie Mary!

Anonymous said...

I made those brownies and they are DEEEELLICIOUS!!!!!!!!!



-mary kate

Mary S. said...

Mary Kate, I made them today too! aren't they really delicious!