Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bravery

Erin and Brooke totally shocked me today by both sitting with the Easter Bunny for a photo at the mall. Brooke wouldn't sit directly next to him but, she sat next to Erin on the same chair as the bunny, so that was really amazing to me!

(this picture looks like they are "little people" because I still can't figure out how to scan pics yet)


Then after dress shopping we passed the ear peircing booth. I joked and said "want to get you ears pierced?". I didn't even know she was really listening. So, when we passed by it again Erin ran over to get them done. I swear I was more nervous than she was. In usual Erin fashion, she told the piercing lady her life story. How her friend Mollie has pink ones and her sister Brooke has sparkly ones... I bet she went quick to move us along!haha! Well, she sat in the chair and did great! The two woman did both ears at once but, of course the younger girl slipped or something and misfired the ear gun. It stabbed the wrong part of the ear. Not all the way through, just a little bit. The older woman had to get a new earring and do it all over. Poor Erin was crying at this point but, there was no turning back. One was already done. She sat there so brave and finished. All I had to do was promise a pair of new Easter shoes.haha!



26 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot beleive you sat there and had it done!..They look great

Daddy

THE MARIQUE FAMILY said...

They look great!! Good job!! My mom made us wait forever to get our ears peirced!!
little people i was lol and pmp when i read that!!

Lisa said...

Great job erin!!! We took tay to bonkers yesterday and I think she was looking for you guys!! She was trying to climb up the slide like the big girls did.

Kelly said...

Wow...An Easter Bunny photo. There is hope for Shannon and Brady yet..Great job Brookie !!!!

Erin I love your new earings..What a BIG GIRL....

Love you,

Auntie

Anonymous said...

Wow! You girls did great with the Easter Bunny! Benny is afraid of Santa and the Easter Bunny and won't go near them so we don't have any pictures at all.

Erin - your earrings looks beautiful! How brave of you to get that done!

~Jackie (Benny and Jacob's Mom)

Kileen said...

Very pretty! I was joking around with the little girls last week about geting their ears pierced and Emma wanted no part of it. I love the Easter Bunny pic. So cute!!!!

Kelli said...

YAY Erin! Reilly wants earrings too! Maybe she'll be brave like you.
You look beautiful w/ your earrings!

Love you!!!

Katie said...

That pic with teh E Bunny was sooo cute. It made me want to take Rex. Little people! They do look kinda short! LOL

Erin you look so pretty with earrings! WAY TO GO, you are so brave!!!

Kris said...

What a brave little girl. Getting her ears pierced is a mile stone in a little girls life. The funny thing is that she will remember the woman slipping and having to do it again for the rest of her life.
Kristin

Mom of 3 Boys said...

so nice erin!!!!

Katie said...

i am thinking of getting a new piercing soon...
can u guess where?

Mary S. said...

Katie will you do Reese's ears?

And by the way I thought you already had that peirced???

Anonymous said...

I will probably do what you did with erin and let her decide when. you know derek-- i bet he would never want her to do it all because of the hudson river virus.

and no, i do not have my butt cheeks pierced yet but i am going to have them stapled together in order to make my badunkadunk appear smaller. I hope they don't miss the target like with erin!

THE MARIQUE FAMILY said...

lol katie lol!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that the Shaughnessy's were little people...how neat!
Can I play w/ you guys? That'd be cute!

Katie said...

BRAVERY? I will show you bravery-- I just learned how to do a #2 on the potty and I am 26 years old.

Now that's bravery!

Katie said...

Just kidding I am 28 and I STILL don't know how to do a #2 on the potty.

That's bravery!
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Anonymous said...

I HOPE YOU KNOW I WORE THOSE ASSCHAPS WHEN I DID #2

-THE RHINESTONE COWBOY

Anonymous said...

Erin,
I am so proud of you! You look so beautiful with your new earrings.
Love,
Your Godmother
xoxo

Kelli said...

Okay, fess up...who's THE RHINESTONE COWBOY???

Katie said...

I think billy is the cowboy! that's just me!
ask him please.

Anonymous said...

ya'll missed a good hoedown...

...like a rhinestone cowboy
Riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo
Like a rhinestone cowboy

Anonymous said...

Katie, fess up! No one else's mind, well possibly Kelli's but we all know it is you!

Kelli said...

It IS NOT me! I say Billy too but I'm starting think that it's Jeannie~pretty sneaky sis!
I know it's not Katie or at least she seemed genuinely curious about who the fella is.
I'd love me a some o that cowboy...yeehaaa!

Anonymous said...

i swear on rex it is NOT me.

That's what is so fun about the R.C., he/she has us stumped!!!

I may have been tressa or two in the past but i am not the original R.C.
It's billy.

Anonymous said...

ASSLESS CHAPS ARE NAUGHTY

THE RHINESTONE COWBOY