Monday, December 8, 2008

Getting To Know You Xmas Edition Part II

Welcome to the 2nd Edition of Getting To Know Your Family and Friends, Christmas Style. You know the drill.
Get crack-a-lackin'!

1. Do you put up outdoor Christmas decorations? Yes, but way more inside.

2. Do you have a favorite Christmas cookie? I love the store bought cheap bag of cookies but I guess I just love the usual ones that Ma makes.

3. What is the best gift you ever gave someone? I bought and hid and surprised Billy with a brown leather recliner a few years ago. I figured he would have found out and spoiled it but the kids and I pulled it off and he was surprised and still loves that chair to this day. He's actually sitting in it as I type.

4. Do you like fruitcake? never really had it

5. What is your least favorite Christmas song? I HATE Feliz Navidad, it's just soooo annoying!

6. Do you go to church on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day? a guilty neither...I'm still waiting for that calling, but nothing yet. Someday I hope.

7. Do you hang Christmas stockings? Where? I hang them on the mantle and then after Santa fills them he puts them on the kids piles Xmas morning.

8. Do you truly believe "it's the most wonderful time of the year"? It is a nice time of year but as I get older I like the cold weather less and less.

9. Have you ever worn a Santa hat? no, I'm not a hat person at all.

10. Are you more like Scrooge or Father Christmas? Uhm, in between.

11. Do you hang mistletoe? no I should get some

12. Does Santa wrap presents or just place them under your tree? some wrapped, some displayed w/ no wrap. There was nothing better as a kid than running down on xmas morning and seeing a new doll in her carriage...I wouldn't wrap that. Those are the memories, baby!

13. Can you ice skate? I think i still could but would probably be so sore the next day.

14. Do you love snow? I love it as it's coming down and then it's just annoying. I think I belong somewhere warm.

15. Which do you prefer--giving or receiving? giving

16. Candy Canes--yuck or yum? Regular ones maybe one. I do like the new Jolly Rancher kind though.

17. The 3 best things about Christmas? the smell of Christmas (if anyone knows what I mean), family & friends getting together surrounded by xmas decor, xmas spirit~everyone is just happier

18. What type of decoration should stop being made? Tinsle. I don't buy it anymore. It's so messy.

19. Do you listen to 24/7 holiday radio? No. Christmas day maybe. Billy on the other hand listens to Bing Crosby in July.

20. Rudolph or Frosty? Rudolph.

Everyone is tagged, get going!

9 comments:

Katie said...

i remember that chair and how far you went to hide it from billy...that is quite a feat to successfully present someone with a piece of furniture for christmas. all you had to do you know was hide it in the laundry room. he would have never found it in there!
ha ha ha
i kill me!
i'll be here all night, hold your applause people!

Katie said...

btw did you just use all of kelli's answers?!?
next time, i want to her your thoughts please slacker!

Anonymous said...

I prefer receiving (in the rear).

Earl

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the time old Sparky ran under the Christmas tree and choked on some tinsel. We hate it in our house too. Mama cleaned knocked him out because she couldn't afford the vet bill and out here in the country, the only remedy was to knock him unconscious and them scrape his throat with a butter knife.
Poor old Sparky hasn't been able to bark since. Momma kept his right lung in a jar of peroxide on the shelf. When you come over for dinner next Tuesday I'll show ya.

Earl

Anonymous said...

Bing Crosby is handsome...oops, I mean Bill Cosby.

Momma

Mary S. said...

LOL, you lunatic!
I didn't mean to bite Kelli's answers we just think very much alike!

Kelli said...

My golly, we are the same being!
ooooh-eeeeeeh!

Kelli said...

p.s. get rid o' the red!!!!!!!! It burns, it burns!!!!!!!!

Kelli said...

Jimmy's dream, an ocean of boogers...fix it, fix it before he actually goes for a dip!